Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Spoken World in Regina

Harold Rhenisch, a friend from B.C. and fellow UBC MFA grad, was in Regina last month to read from and  launch The Spoken World

Harold Rhenisch, Eric Greenway, Paul Wilson - photo by Shelley Banks
Harold Rhenisch (middle) with photo of Robin Skelton;
l&r, Eric Greenway and Paul Wilson of Hagios Press 

Harold's new collection of poems from Hagios Press was inspired by (and in continuing conversation with) his friend and mentor, poet, shaman, witch and celebrant, Robin Skelton.
The Spoken World
Now, three weeks after the October 20, 2011, launch, I'm finally reading and enjoying this collection. (I rarely read books as soon as I get them; I like to savour them as physical objects first, as if I need to let them settle in and feel comfortable with me before the intimacy of opening them.)

So my thanks, Harold, for opening the door and welcoming us in. (And good to see you, too!)

~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...