This composite photo features some of the great authors from Saskatchewan and across Canada who took to the microphone to present their work, introduce guests, and talk about writing during the three-day event in Regina.
|A few of the many writers at the Saskatchewan Writers' Guild's 2013 Fall Conference. © SB|
The left column features (top to bottom) the following writers:
- Former Saskatchewan Poet Laureate Louise Halfe, Chris Fisher, Kelly-Anne Riess, Ken Mitchell (also the founding editor of Grain, 40 years ago), and Allison Kydd.
The right column features:
- Regina writers Katherine Lawrence, Bruce Rice, Anne McDonald, and B.D. Miller, with Sarah Taggart, (current manager of Grain).
And, just to confuse any linear thinkers, the writers (left to right) down the middle four lines are:
- Linda Biasotto, Lisa Guenther and Marlis Wesseler (winners in this year's John V. Hicks Writing Awards);
- Visiting guest presenters Richard Van Camp, Kateri Akiwenzie-Damm and Tim Wynne-Jones;
- Byrna Barclay of the Saskatchewan Arts Board, and Linda receiving her first place award (with SWG executive director Judith Silverthorne and now-former-president Lisa Bird Wilson);
- Mitch Spray and Gerald Hill, and Andréa Ledding.